ARE YOU COMING TO WATCH BIATHLON IN NMNM? THEN READ THE FOLLOWING LINES CAREFULLY!
Revision is the mother of wisdom, and so let us have look together at what you should not forget if you are planning to visit round 3 of 2018/2019 Biathlon World Cup that takes place in the Vysočina Aréna.
What to take with you and what is better to leave at home?
- Warm clothes – from our own and thousands of fans’ experience, we can give you the following advice: “the more, the better”! If you are too warm, you can always take a layer or two off, or you can have it in a small bag to put on.
- Leave at home all items that could be considered dangerous, by which we mean not only (even pocket) knives and other weapons, but also any bars of length exceeding 1 meter, i.e. including classic and folding umbrellas. Take a raincoat instead of an umbrella!
- Do not take with you: any alcoholic drinks, pets, children’s prams (!), pyrotechnics, folding chairs, skis etc.
- You can have non-alcoholic drinks with you (of max. volume 0.5 litres), including metal vacuum flasks (max. volume of 1 litre).
When to Arrive?
The most important thing must be emphasized in the very beginning: arrive ahead of time, arrive soon enough. Why is that? For your convenience. The Vysočina Arena has got everything you need: refreshment, souvenirs, toilets and many more. You will thus have all you need to take in and enjoy the atmosphere of the World Cup and find good spots either on the stands or along the track.
Arrival and Parking
- If you are planning to arrive by car, we recommend that you use Waze app (version for Android, version for iOS) that provide you with all information and traffic restrictions in one package.
- Information and traffic restrictions overview can be found here: https://www.biathlonnmnm.cz/en/2018/12/17/traffic-restrictions-during-the-biathlon-world-cup/. This navigation will also include information on capacity of parking lots and traffic situation on roads in the vicinity of the stadium.
- Parking lots are ready for spectators. You can find them in NMNM (P6 – P9, P11), and in Maršovice (P13 – P15). Current capacity of parking lots can be checked online at https://www.biathlonnmnm.cz/en/info-for-visitors/current-parking/
- Shuttle bus is at your convenience from Žďár nad Sázavou and Tři Studně – schedules of public transport are here: https://www.biathlonnmnm.cz/en/info-for-visitors/doprava/
- After arriving to NMNM and to the Vysočina Aréna, please mind instructions of the Police and organizers.
When in the Vysočina Aréna
- Always have your ticket with bar code on you, wherever you go. Not only will you be asked to present your ticket at the main entrance to the Vysočina Aréna, but also upon your entrance to stands. No wrist bands shall be given out.
- Your ticket includes a QR code. Use your smart phone to take a picture of it and log in to YourPass application and then enjoy having all necessary information at your fingertips – starting lists, results, fan shop offers and many more.
- To move around the Vysočina Aréna, follow information boards. You can also take advantage of our interactive map at https://www.biathlonnmnm.cz/en/schedule/interactive-map/
Last two sentences to finish with:
FOLLOW AND MIND INSTRUCTIONS OF ORGANIZERS WHO ARE HERE FOR YOU!
KEEP SMILING AND ENJOY RACES IN NMNM! 🙂
Author: Michal Jilka
Photo: Petr Slavík